The Office Checklist
Category Commercial Property Advice
Whether you are looking to buy or rent commercial office space, it’s always a good idea to have a checklist to measure the space against – does it fill all the requirements you need it to? We’ve put together some key items for you to check off. General aspects to consider:
- General location
- Access to highways and main roads
- Staff Parking
- Visitor Access and parking
- Staff Cubicle capacity
Market-related aspects to consider: There are, however, 3 more points that should be closely considered when in the market for commercial space.
- Consider the market (Is it better to buy or rent?)
- Compare the total costs within various areas
- Find the right property agent
Looking for office space need not be a lengthy ordeal, however, it is important to ensure that you assess the critical elements within the space. By having the right office property team on your side, you will certainly get a head start in finding the most suitable office to rent or buy.
Although at face value, the office that you are interested in might meet your specs, it is important to dig a bit deeper. Don't miss these important areas either:
- Ergonomic workspaces
- How will adding storage / filing cabinets affect current space?
- Evaluate space as if it were at full capacity – is there sufficient?
- Are there any physical elements that need amending?
- How to best utilise available space
- Is off-site storage required?
- Is there enough space to greet clients and visitors in your reception area?
These are all questions and points that should be raised when making use of an experienced commercial property sourcing team. Regardless of whether you are wishing to buy or rent an office, your unique requirements need to be met.
Find An Office will ensure you don't miss a thing! With both years of experience, as well as established and thriving relationships with the right people in the industry, Find An Office will ensure that you get the office space that is best suited to you and your specs.
Whether you are renting or planning on buying, our office development experts will assist with the documentation as well as the various stages of building and renovations. Contact us directly for more office space information.